Type to search

Arival San Diego Update


Arival San Diego Update

Arival San Diego

Here is the latest Arival San Diego update.  In an email dated December 22nd. the events company for the tours and activities sector have confirmed the following health & safety protocols for the Arival San Diego event taking place Feb 1-4th 2022.


  • Proof of vaccination and/or negative Covid test will be required for admission to the event on all days, and a current form of picture ID must be presented. We will evaluate the situation closer to the event and determine testing requirements, which may include daily on-site testing. 

  • Face masks will be required to be worn indoors except during meals when actively eating or drinking; there is currently a California state-wide mask mandate for all indoor public spaces through January 15 

  • Social events will be held in large spaces with air flow or outdoors, weather permitting.

  • Lunch and coffee/networking breaks will include an outdoor option, weather permitting.

  • The Arival San Diego venue, the Town and Country Resort is also closely monitoring and has their own safety protocols

What about refunds for Arival San Diego?

In their latest email communication, Arival explain that ‘while we are currently past our 60-day cancellation window for refunds, we understand that some may be concerned about traveling or attending a conference at this time. If you purchased registration cancellation protection, please refer to the Event Refund Program for more details.

Should you decide not to attend and provide written notice to [email protected] no later than January 15, we will credit your registration to a future Arival conference through the end of 2022.’

But be warned after January 15, registrations will not be refunded nor credits issued.

Your hotel reservation at the Town and Country Resort may be canceled up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date for a full refund.


The Tourpreneur Take

I am triple jabbed, wear a mask, and take safety precautions but what worries me is attending a large event, then catching COVID, and then spreading it to others.

I desperately want to attend Arival, I have my registration and hotel booked but have held off from booking flights. I want to meet Tourpreneur listeners and learn from experts but I do not want to contribute to the spread of COVID. It is not just the venue and event I am concerned about, I have an 8-hour flight plus 2 airport changes to get to San Diego which increases the risk of catching COVID.

I am no scientist (my school science results bear that out) but more friends of mine back in the UK have caught this variant than the others, I don’t see how that is not going to happen here in the US.

My other fear is that if I pay good money to attend and then there are not so many small to medium-sized operators attending then it won’t be a good use of my cash. 

I am and always will be an ardent supporter of events such as  Arival, yet in these circumstances, I have to make a health and financial decision.

I will make that decision by analyzing the US Covid numbers in the days leading up to the January 15th cut-off date.

Tourpreneur – A Podcast for Tour Operators – weekly interviews for tour operators

Tourpreneur is the world’s only weekly independent podcast focused on activity and tour operators. Available on all good podcast apps. Subscribe here and never miss an episode of the show.

Shane Whaley

Shane Whaley is the Producer and Host of the Tourpreneur Podcast. He is also the curator in chief for the Tourpreneur Daily Brief. Shane has worked in the travel industry for almost twenty years.

  • 1

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Never Miss an Episode!

Now you can hear how successful Tourpreneurs like Jeff, built and grew their tour and activity businesses.

Get notified right in your inbox as soon as an new episode is released.